Tuesday 19 January 2016

Why I've Decided To Change And Keep Fit And Healthy | 2016

It's January, the month were everyone wants to get on the healthy eating and fitness wagon. Every January from around about the age of 18 I've been healthy for a few weeks then went back to the biscuit tin, and moped about for the remainder of the year wondering why I'm putting on weight and not toning up. Laziness, that's all it is!

So, this year I've decided to change lazy ways and get healthy! I'm not lazy in the sense of sitting watching tv every day, I have a job which I am constantly on my feet for and do around about 10,000 steps a day. It's when I get home after a 6 to 9 hour shift and just want to nap, lose my motivation and prefer to sit and cuddle my boyfriend whilst watching our next amazing season of a tv show we've came across!





So after I demolished all the sweets and chocolates from Christmas I got my gym gear out, went and bought a fitness dvd and ab trimmer from Aldi and got straight into it. Now it's never about losing weight. I am 5ft 1 and a half (ALWAYS remember the half) and my weight should be sitting around about the 8/9 stone mark. I am 9 stone which is just pushing it a little. So instead of getting straight into fitness, the first hurdle was healthy eating. That's no more chocolates, crisps and biscuits whenever I want. This is grabbing a yogurt or a piece of fruit when I want a snack, which wasn't easy, it's the healthy eating I found the most difficult to start of with.

Now I didn't get straight into fitness, If I started both at the same time I'd lose interest, so I went with Marcus Butlers advice from his book 'Hello Life' start with one, get into that, then start the other. So a week of healthy eating which was a success, with one cheat day (a Saturday), that following Monday I started my fitness routine. Now, I don't like gyms, I don't have the confidence especially as it's embarrassing at how unfit I am. So I thought I'd go out and buy Vicky Pattinson's Dvd, get a few apps on my phone and an Ab Trimmer (I got mine from Aldi for £7 but I'll link down below some).




My apps on my phone have been my biggest life saver, and I'd advise anyone wanting to count their calories and be reminded when to do fitness to get one. I use the app 'My Fitness Pal' and all you do is jog in your meals of the day and it tells you how many calories you have left. It's simple really, but shocks you at how many calories you've been going over, I must of been going over at least 500 more that I should of, shocking! Also, I have an app called 'SWORKIT' which is a workout app. You can put it to whatever time you want to work out, I started with 10 minutes and am going up gradually. You will be shocked at how knackered you are after it, even after 10 minutes it's a great way to get into working out, I couldn't live without this now!




I'm wanting to gain strength and tone up my stomach, so each month I will be doing a blog of how I'm coming along and also photos of progress.  I'm very new to this, but I hope I've passed a little motivation to some of you. Good luck!

Links to buy.

Affordable Fitness Gear | Click Here

Vicky Pattinson's Dvd | Click Here

Where I got my fitness clothing? | Click Here


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Karina hearts... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig